The opening time of Design Gallery 1953 has been changed to 11:00 a.m. For more details, please visit the Matsuya Ginza website.
The Japan Design Committee was established for the purpose of “enlightening people about good design”.
Currently, 31 volunteers are engaged in a variety of good design movements, mainly at Matsuya Ginza.
Design Gallery 1953
It is a gallery for design established in 1964 on the 7th floor of Matsuya Ginza.
The members are involved in all aspects of the gallery from planning to management, and the rich variety of exhibitions always attract the attention of many people.
Excellent design goods from around the world, selected by the members, are sold at the Design Collection on the 7th floor of Matsuya Ginza.
The store is full of hints on how to incorporate design into your life.
- The 785th Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “Jin Kuramoto Live with materials”
- The 784th Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “My gifts”
- The 783rd Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “Atsuki Kikuchi: An idea that looks like a starting point is often found later in the process”
- The 782nd Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “My Favorite Design 2023”
- The 781st Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “The rebirth of Kokura Ori: The Beauty of Stripes, The Iki of Stripes — The Rebirth of Kokura Stripes from a Small Piece of Cloth”
- The 80th Design Salon Talk | We will hold a talk event with Ms. Noriko Tsuiki.
- Folding and knotting workshop using KOKURA SHIMA SHIMA fabrics will be held.
- The 780th Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “The Identity of Eames: Power in the Details”
- The 779th Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “10 Years of SIGMA: Product Designer ‘Ichiro Iwasaki’ Exhibition”
- The 79th Design Salon Talk｜Naoto Fukasawa and Motomi Kawakami will hold a talk event.
“Design Salon Talks” are held by members and people involved in exhibitions. Various other related events will also be announced.
The philosophy and activities of the Good Design Movement, which has been in existence for 70 years.
Currently, 31 designers, architects, and critics are participating in this movement based on the spirit of volunteerism.