The Nippon Design Committee is pleased to present the exhibition “10 Years of SIGMA: Product Designer ‘Ichiro Iwasaki’ Exhibition” as the 779th Design Gallery 1953 special exhibition.
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the encounter between product designer Ichiro Iwasaki and SIGMA, which has been committed to producing “photographic tools” since its founding in 1961.
The project, which has been ongoing since 2012, has resulted in the creation of 150 cameras and lenses, including accessories.
At Design Gallery 1953, we are pleased to present a collection of 65 pieces of work spanning a decade of progress.
Along with explanations of the cameras and lenses on display, Iwasaki’s attitude and thoughts toward design and photography will be presented in a variety of long and short sentences. The contrast between the exquisite products that emit a smoky light is another highlight of the exhibition.
Taku Satoh, who works with Iwasaki on SIGMA’s branding, is in charge of the exhibition. The exhibition will also feature the unique graphic design of Taku Satoh. Please visit the exhibition.
- The 779th Design Gallery 1953 Exhibition “10 Years of SIGMA: Product Designer ‘Ichiro Iwasaki’ Exhibition”
- Period: August 3 (Wed) — September 12 (Mon), 2022, 10:00 a.m. — 8:00 p.m., last day closing at 5:00 p.m., free admission
- Venue: Matsuya Ginza 7th floor, Design Gallery 1953
- Organizer: Japan Design Committee
- Cooperation: SIGMA CORPORATION
- Exhibition Director: Taku Satoh
• Please refer to the Matsuya Ginza website for the opening hours and other information.
Sale of Related Products
SIGMA concept books will be on sale during the exhibition.
In the latter half of the exhibition, SIGMA cameras and lenses will be on sale at the Design Collection on the 7th floor. For details, please see below.
SIGMA Special Exhibition Sales Event (Japanese)